The Student News Site of Palomar College

The Telescope

The Telescope

The Telescope

Capturing the California Coast

Professional photographer Kim Weston shows students Daniel Kresge and Dirk Callum his images at his home in Carmel, Calif. (Photo courtesy of Donna Consentino)
DNougier03bw
Early morning at Point Lobos State Natural Reserve. Photo by Dan Nougier
Professional photographer Kim Weston shows students Daniel Kresge and Dirk Callum his images at his home in Carmel, Calif. Photo by Donna Consentino

This spring semester Donna Cosentino’s photography class, Photographers of California, visited Carmel, Calif. March 26-30. Students met with photographers John Sexton, Kim Weston and Huntington Witherill.

Each photographer shared their work, each one with a different take on their process and style.

The students spent the rest of their time visiting galleries and photographing at Point Lobos State Park, along the Big Sur Coast and in other nearby locations.

“The highlights were visiting the studios of Hunington Witherill, John Sexton and Kim Weston. It was a real treat seeing how these giants work,” photography student Catherine Shore said.

“Because of the class I learned to be a better landscape photographer,” Shore added.

Students will create a portfolio of their images to show at the end of the semester.